We have set-up a one-month trial for NewspaperArchive which provides access to thousands of newspapers from the United States and overseas. I have attached to this email a brochure from them as well as a review which appeared last year in The Charleston Advisor which provides more detailed information about the product. In a quote from the TCA review – “NewspaperArchive.com currently offers subscription-based, full-text online access to 11,548 American and 3,878 international newspaper titles. While the genealogical newspaper database does provide a selection of major titles, the strength of the collection resides in its vast selection of small town and short-run newspaper titles.” Libraries will typically license a regional subset of the database.
To try out this resource the vendor has given us fake library card numbers where users can utilize the website with the following URL: https://libraryaccess.newspaperarchive.com. Please note, you must access this link from this Webpage for the trial to properly work.
Users can access the database by clicking on the link, entering a unique user ID (CO0001 - CO9999), and registering the ID on the sign in page. Since each of these unique user IDs get tied to an email address, I have divvied them each library has a range to use.
The database is quite interesting to use and is particularly strong for genealogy. I looked up my parents and found articles on them from small town newspapers from their childhood and college years.
- Auraria - CO0001- CO0500
- Colorado College – CO0501-CO1000
- Colorado Mesa University – CO1001-CO1500
- Colorado School of Mines - CO1501-CO2000
- CSU Fort Collins – CO2001-CO2500
- CSU Pueblo – CO2501-CO3000
- CU Boulder – CO3001-CO3500
- CU Colorado Springs - CO3501-CO4000
- CU Health Sciences – CO4001-CO4500
- Denver Public Library – CO4501-CO5000
- Regis University – CO5001-CO5500
- United States Air Force Academy – CO5501-CO6000
- University of Denver – CO6001-CO6500
- University of Northern Colorado – CO6501-CO7000
- University of Wyoming – CO7001-CO7500
- Western Colorado University – CO7501-CO8000
Our contact at Newspaper Archive is Micaela Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org. She would be the best person to contact if you are having difficulties in setting up access.